Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

A Cool Gift, but Should I Open It?


                
Although I’m not a collector, I have some cool Sherlockiana. Case in point: This recent birthday present from our oldest son – a 9-inch action figure of Star Trek TNG’s Lt. Commander Data as Sherlock Holmes!

Who could ever forget those two episodes in which our favorite android dons the deerstalker and pipe and enters the holodeck, where it is 1895, to do battle with You Know Whom?

But with this great gift comes a great conundrum: To open or not to open? Data/Holmes has never been out of his box. My inclination is to leave it that way. But his deerstalker has fallen off and lies at his feet. My challenge is:  

Do I open the box, set the hat in place, and reseal the box?

Do I open the box, set the hat in place, and remove the figure from the box for display in my library or living room?

Do I leave the box as is and impress Sherlockian visitors with my incredible self-control?

Give me your vote, dear reader. What would you do?

Back of the box 


Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder