Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Introducing Apron of the Month!

I am so so excited to tell you about a new feature I am starting!! As I have mentioned before, my dream is to start offering apron patterns. So to dip my toes in so to speak, I have decided to put together one free apron pattern a month, either a pattern from around the web or a pdf pattern I have made! Now I don't want to promise every month the apron will be an Apron History Exclusive, but I am going to try to do as many as I can. My pattern list is already mostly full. I am so excited to share them with you!! I will also post sewing tutorials and tips. So with out further ado, let me introduce the 
January Apron of the Month!


It was love at first sight when I saw this apron. Isn't the fabric the cutest?! It made me want to go fabric shopping! I love the three rows of rick-rack, the nice roomy pockets and the generous ties that made a perfect bow! All the requirements of a good apron!
Miss Sew-It-All has a tutorial Here and the cutting layout is Here.

 I must confess, I was so excited to make this apron I printed the cutting layout out and dashed up to the sewing room, not realizing until later I hadn't even read through the tutorial! Ah well, in the end I figured it out. The fabric and trim are from my stash. I was determined not to go out in the horrible weather and just use what I had.
 The rick-rack is vintage from my grandma's sewing closet. I have had it forever, just waiting for the perfect project! I love the look of multiple rows of rick-rack. 

If you decide to stitch up an apron please share a link in the comments! I would love to see it!
Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder