Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Finished- Flannel Robe

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year! I didn't mean to fall off the blogging map..... But you know how it goes, your schedule gets turned upside down, the mad rush to get ready for Christmas, then the mad rush to tidy up after Christmas and get ready for New Year's, add to that a bit of the flu and visits from friends and family. (Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get any work done on my house.) But I am back on track now and excited to share with you all my finished flannel robe! Do you remember my first post about it The New Winter Lounge Wear Look way back in August? Only took me four months to finish, guess I knew what I was doing starting it then!
I love my buttons! Surprisingly they get lost in the roses, but I still like them. They are covered with the contrasting/lining flannel. I worked the buttonholes by hand as I had to go through four layers of fabric and two layers of batting. The pattern was designed with the facing and front cut as one, with the facing just folded back when finished. I didn't think about all the layers until I got to the buttonholes......
 I think the robe is wearing my dress form! It is so thick it almost stands up by itself. Don't you think it looks very Partridge Family/ Doris Day? Which is exactly what I was going for!
The inside seams I decided to tack down by hand using a herringbone stitch to make it less bulky and to help with the fraying. I also used bias binding on outside edges, like the sleeves, collar and hem. There was no way I was going to be able to hem it traditionally!
And here I am lounging in my new robe! The sleeves ended up a wee bit shorter then I expected, but that is the only thing I would have changed.

 
Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder