Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Home Sweet Home


Yes, indeed! I have joined the ranks of happy home owners! You don't know how hard to was not share the news with you friends. But, it was a HUD house and every week I was sure the whole deal was going to fall through. Thank goodness, I am done with that and it is officially mine!
We call it the "little house". It reminds me so much of a little cottage. Don't you think I should name it? Built in 1923, it is a one and a half story bungalow with three bedrooms.
This little gem hasn't really been updated since the 1950s when the kitchen and bath were done. Of course, that means there is a lot that needs to be done. The floors need to be refinished, carpet pulled up (including some in the kitchen!), walls painted, insulation put in, more walls painted, the bathroom re-done, trim painted, kitchen cabinets painted.
 Please bear with me if my posts get a bit waylaid...... Life is going to be crazy! I am not sure you will hear much about aprons.....I have paint colors, plumbing fixtures, curtains, tile flooring, hardware, sinks, light fixtures and decorating ideas filling my head!
  But I will take you all along on the journey! Are you ready for a lot of do-it-yourselfing and decorating?! I have decided to post the before and afters room by room as I get them done,instead of one massive picture post.
One of my favorite features is the front door. Yes, it is original. Even the door knob!
Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder