Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Socks- Handknit by Beehive 1940

I picked up this sock booklet at an estate sale recently. Dated 1940, it is full of  socks for every age and type! And since the Fall is the perfect time to start stocking up on socks or working on Christmas presents, I decided to share it today.

"Beehive Sock Yarn is Distinguished for is neat footwork!" 


I love the lace topped sock in the right-hand corner. Hopefully, someday I will get around to making them! (The pattern is scanned at the bottom.) They are labeled as children's socks, but I am sure there is a way to adapt them.

Argyle socks look like they would take a bit more concentration. But I agree, they are "Perennially Smart"!


And what pattern book of this era would be complete without a Service Sock!

The pattern for the lace topped socks.

So, what type of socks do you love? Plain and simple? Something with a bit of dash? Or a smart argyle?
Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder