Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

A Shiny Vintage Toaster


This past weekend, my sister and I went estate sale-ing. The find of the day was this 1950s GE Toaster! I didn't know I needed a vintage toaster until I saw all that shiny chrome. It was the first thing that caught my eye when I went down the basement stairs. And there is was just waiting for me! 

I found a few advertisements for this model of toaster. Let me tell you, it sure does make toast the way you want it! It makes some of the best toast I have tasted in years! Who knew there was good toast makers and bad toast makers. 
I certainly didn't pay anything close to the original price of $21.95!

With a bit of cleaning of the edges, it looks good as new! I am amazed at how fast this thing heats up. I tested it before purchasing, and was shocked to feel heat in seconds of plugging it in! It is hard to see the modern decorate lines on the side, its so shiny!


Here are a few fascinating toaster facts!
~ 1909 first electric toaster patented. 
~ 1926 First pop-up toaster. 
~ 1940-1960 pop-up toasters became the standard design. 
~ Toasters heat up to 310 degrees to caramelize bread.

One of the ladies at the estate sale remarked on how heavy it was. These toasters are made to last a lifetime and are known for never giving up.

All that shiny chrome........ makes for very hard picture taking!

Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder