Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Belize Beaches

There really isn't anything like being on the water.  I loved every minute of all of the boat rides shuttling us back and forth from our resort in Ambergris Caye to the main town of San Pedro for shopping or dining.  The wind whipping through your hair and the smell of salt water.  When we first arrived, it looked like stormy skies:


That gave way to perfectly pink sunsets:



We went snorkeling on the reef and with sharks:


And spent nights in the town sampling the cuisine.  This was our favorite restaurant--coffee rubbed beef tenderloin and jerk rubbed chicken for dinner, but the best was the dessert.  A banana chimichanga: fried banana in a delicious hard shell smothered in chocolate and caramel with coconut ice cream.  We came back another night for their flourless chocolate cake.



Another favorite was Elvi's Kitchen, a San Pedro establishment that serves a Mayan Dinner on Friday nights.  I opted for the curry shrimp over coconut rice, which also topped my favorites:



We visited the nearby island of Caye Caulker.  What I imagined that San Pedro, the main town, of Ambergris Caye may have looked like fifteen to twenty years ago.  Peaceful, with less stores and restaurants lining a single dirt road:




We walked along the beach on our last day, soaking up the ambience.  I was reenergized and able to return to real life, knowing I had these images to conjure up when I need to catch my breath:




Images via Travelmoon
Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder