Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Book Review: The Lost Symbol

Picture from here.
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Set in Washington DC, this book is of a tale of murder, revenge and of course, symbolism. However, other than the new setting and a different cult to learn about, this book is the same as the rest of the Dan Brown novels. The main character, Robert Landon, gets roped into helping the CIA stop a madman in the way of deciphering codes and teaching us the way of the Masons.

I do like how I learn something about the city that the book is set in, just as I did with his other novels. I also appreciate learning about the Masons and the symbolism that is behind the Order. The plot was thrilling enough, but as I said before, if you have read any of his other books, you know what is going to happen before Landon does. However, the historical and scientific aspects are interesting.

I give this book a 3 out of 5, because it taught me something new and kept me mostly entertained. However, it was the same cookie cutter book as all the rest he has written.
Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder