Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Then and Now: November


Every time a new month rolls around, it seems like there is no possible way that another month could have rolled around again already. But the hits just keep on coming. So now November is over and we head once again into the holly jolly Christmas time. Since we have a holiday in November, it makes you realize how much some things change while other things stay the same. Here are a few comparisons from last year to this year, then and now, November style.

The Who:

Every year Mr. Lovely’s father has a big feast at his farm. A pig is sacrificed (sorry buddy), the wine flows freely and good times are had by all. Last year, I took some photos but this year I slacked. However, I still managed to get photos of my friends at the farm each year. 

2010: 
Maaaah

2011:
Oink

The Where:

Before or after the November pig roast, I like to take a detour to visit the surrounding area. Last year, I had a great time in NYC, while this year, I enjoyed the harbors of Rhode Island (did you know that RI has roughly 400 miles of coastline?) 

 2010: 
Brooklyn Bridge

2011: 
Old Mills in Bristol

Last year, I also took a road trip from California to Iowa, to visit a friend of mine. I went through Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, and Kansas. It was a beautiful drive, full of snow and gorgeous landscapes. This year, the only road trip I have taken is by foot! It’s been a few less miles, but much harder work! (You can learn more about my road trip here: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5)

2010: 
Driving through the Colorado Rockies

2011: 
Running through the leaves in CA

The What:

Some things stay the same and here is the proof. 

I always like to eat small bites of things. 

2010: 
Street food in Guangzhou, China

2011: 
San Francisco Turkish appetizers at A La Turca


I tend to cook a lot in the fall, and I guess apples are always on the menu 

2010: 
French apple cake

2011: 
After baking so many apple dishes, I finally discovered the joy of an apple corer


I always love fall colors!

2010: 
NYC Central Park 

2011: 
Sierra Nevada Mountains, CA


So, it seems like November, for me, is a month where many things are pretty traditional. I may try a new apple dish or travel to a new location, but basically there are certain things I just can’t do without, every year! Perhaps it’s because a lot of activities revolve around the holiday?

What were you doing last November? What was different this year? What remains the same?
Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder