Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Larry & Lexi's Saturday Barbeque

After Suzy from Quorn generously sent me their new Turk’y Burgers to try we decided to have a little bbq. Larry loves to fire up the grill so he jumped at the chance.  Here’s the menu:



  • Quorn Turk’y Burgers on Whole Wheat Buns


  • Quorn Chik’n Cutlets


  • Annie’s Organic Mac & Cheese with lots of Broc


  • Sweet Potato Fries


  • Vegetarian Baked Beans


  • & Baked Kettle Chips


  • Larry will also be grilling some chicken legs & burgers in case he doesn’t enjoy the Turk’y burgers.


I tossed a veggie burger, 2 turk'y burgers, & a Quorn chik'n cutlet on the grill


Quorn Turk'y Burger, sweet potato 'fries', vegetarian baked beans, annie's organic mac & cheese & broc! yummmmm!


a little SEC football & a yummy dinner = great Saturday evening


The Quorn turk’y burgers were amazing! Great texture & flavor off of the grill. The best part is that they’re meatless and soy-free. One burger has 90 calories, 4 g fat, & an amazing 10 g protein! The Quorn naked chik’n cutlet has 80 calories, 2.5 g fat, 5 g carb, & 11 g protein. I recommend you pick some of these up asap.


***********************************************************************************


The day started great. I slept a few extra hours. I did a little cleaning while enjoying some great coffee & made Larry his morning hot cocoa . We put off the run for a few hours, but ultimately got it in. I finished 3 miles in 29:20.  I am nothing without my daily exercise. Then it was on to laundry & a little Netflix.


Speaking of exercise I forgot to tell you about my trail run yesterday. Steven picked me up around 3ish & we headed to the trail. It was gorgeous with the changing leaves all around. I love fall in Oxford. There is only 2 seasons on the Gulf Coast…this is such a pleasant change.  I ran my fastest 4 miles to date: 38:13!!! Woot. I told Steven that I was a little slow, but he stayed by my side the entire time. I decided to not take my ipod. I ran so much better just focusing on my pace and breathing. We chatted and when I started to slow down he pushed me through. Thanks for the experience Steven!


 Ramblings:



  • I need a tempeh recipe. Any suggestions? I’m thinking of making BLT’s for brunch tomorrow…TLT’s I guess…


  • I’m prepping tofu for our Sunday dinner. Sweet & Sour Tofu over Brown Jasmine Rice…Larry is so lucky to have a live-in chef


  • We are running 6.5 miles tomorrow. You know…a quarter marathon j/k


  • I plan to complete 10 pages of research this weekend.


  • Be prepared for a guest post from Nicole on her experience with TNT & the Nike Women’s Marathon












Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder