Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Mrs. Santa Claus (Apron)


Are you doing a bit of  cookie baking? Here is an apron that will put in the Christmas spirit!
I don't usually go for Santa fabric, but this was so cheerful and vintage looking! (found at JoAnn Fabrics) At first I didn't know what to make with the fabric, but when an apron was suggested I knew that was what it needed to be! (Why didn't I think of that at first?)
 I melded together two 1940's apron patterns. The skirt portion from one book and the bib from another. This one just needed a bib! Besides, how can you not get messy making cookies?
 A little bit of subtle rick-rack to outline the pockets and bib. I tried binding at first it was not so subtle.....
 In January I will share the pattern. I wasn't completely happy with the way this one turned out, a few adjustments and it will be good.
I love the way the skirt curves, adds a bit of pizzazz, doesn't it?