Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Sewing Notions

 In looking through my stash of vintage sewing things, I came across this needle card. Needle cards were a popular advertising item in the early part of the 20th century. It also made nice small gift for grandmothers, old aunties and schoolteachers. I believe this one is from the dime store Woolworth's. Judging from these ladies hair styles and dresses, it looks like it is from the early 1930s. I love how one side the ladies are sewing and on the other they are having tea.

Below are button cards given to me by my great-aunt.  The illustrations are beautiful! Some of my favorite vintage notions. Someday I will think of a really brilliant way to decorate with them. Right now they reside in a drawer.


Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder