Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Canvas Photo Art

I have been talking about putting some photography of our travels in black and white in our family room.  I had always envisioned three large canvases hanging vertically over our large blank wall.  We even had special lighting installed to highlight whatever we decided to eventually hang in that space.  When I saw that Easy Canvas Prints was having a 60% off sale that lasted until midnight last night (sorry for posting about the sale after the fact, I just saw it late afternoon yesterday) I decided to take the plunge.

The most difficult part is photo selection.  I apparently have a massive predilection towards taking horizontal photographs.  I had so many to choose from, but most cannot be formatted for a vertical canvas.  Next time we take a trip my husband promised to remind me to flip my camera.

I have so many unusable travel photos from the days before digital.  There is no way the resolution of those photos would work after being scanned and then blown up.  So my criteria became, the photo had to be a trip my husband and I took together and come from a variety of locales on different continents.  I wanted them all to reflect an architectural quality but I couldn't find three that worked out that way in the end.

These were the frontrunners:

Bora Bora

Giza, Egypt

Giza, Egypt

Giza, Egypt

 Bali, Indonesia

Bali, Indonesia

Tikal, Guatemala

Ambergris Caye, Belize
Images via Travelmoon
I was initially going to put them up to a vote but unfortunately I had to order immediately to take advantage of the sale.  So, I will post the final selection on Monday!
Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder