Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Jane Austen's Emma

Isn't this a charming painting?
Girl Embroidering by Georg Friedrich Kersting cira 1814. from www.pemberley.com
I love the open window and her reflection in the mirror. Of course I also love that she is wearing an apron!

Doesn't it remind you of Jane Austen? Lately I have been stuck on the new Emma movie. The 2009 version. It is so so good.  I just recently watched it again with my sister and cousin, giggling the whole way through!  It was about time someone made a really good version of Emma. The one with Gwyneth Paltrow was good, but too short. I love how this version brings to life Emma's family. Other versions don't feature them very much, but then the book doesn't say much about them either. If I recall correctly.