Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Simple Goodness


Earlier this week, I was craving some simple comfort food. With the weather gloomy and snowy and spring apparently far away, something a little extra special was needed. How much better can you get then a simple bread pudding? Bread, milk, apples and cinnamon. Yum! 
For some reason  I came home from work with bread pudding and apples stuck in my head. I wasn't sure where I got the idea, but a quick look through my cookbook collection and I discovered Brown Betty is a type of apple bread pudding. The main difference being there is more apples in it then bread.
 I decided to go with a traditional bread pudding and add one chopped apple (we needed all that carb goodness!) and vanilla extract. We have a local bakery that we buy our bread at and it gets stale quickly, but makes divine bread pudding!
When you need a simple basic recipe one can always count on Betty Crocker! This edition is from the late 1950's.


Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder