Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Sisters- Marie and Meg

My inspiration behind the Meg and Marie aprons were my Great-great-Grandmother and her sister. These are my favorite photos of them, taken around the time Marie graduated. I have always thought of them as the country and city mice. Meg was two years older and moved to California. Marie lived her whole life in Minnesota. 
 We have a family album from around 1910(judging from the clothes worn). Many of the photographs are of family and friends on outings and picnics. I love looking at the pictures, wondering what the stories are behind them.
 Marie in a jaunty hat.
Meg sitting on a hill.
 Marie on the left, with possibly her best friend Minnie. Love her skirt!
 Marie and a beau?
The sisters.
Marie with her second husband. This picture was the one that inspired me to create the "Marie Apron".
Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder