Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

Cream or Sugar?

I seem to be starting a collection of cream and sugar dishes, especially creamers. You all know I have a weakness for pitchers..... Mini pitchers are even cuter!
And if they are cobalt blue glass, so much the better! I was thrilled to run across this set at an antique shop recently. I have never seen a prettier set. Don't you love the detail on the rim? At one time it also had a platinum edging.

 I also have acquired these two creamers in the past year. They are so pretty I keep them on my dresser. I love the shape of the one on the left. It has a Bavarian stamp on the bottom. The other creamer on the right shouts 1920s to me. It doesn't have a mark on the bottom, so I can't be sure. But round shape + stripes + roses = 1920s in my opinion. What do you think? Can you imagine a marcelled matron in her drop-waist gown pouring cream from it?
Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder