Bayram Cigerli Blog

Bigger İnfo Center and Archive

I feel strong...

…and it feels good.


I thought about this while on the second day of solid treadmill action this weekend which I’m psyched about. Amidst all this Kick action, I haven’t had time to really dedicate to keeping my running going.


Anyway, the whole feeling strong thing got the wheels spinning. It just feels so good to feel strong and powerful as a woman. I think so many women out there shy away from feeling “strong” physically for fear of losing their feminine, girly, mystique. I wish more women would realize that strength and power is a good thing and, well, can make you feel even more feminine in a way. To me, it’s about embracing YOU and all that YOU can be. If we’ve been given this one body in our lifetime, who are we but to embrace it and make not only our bodies but our minds be the best, most powerful, most alive it can be?


While running this morning, I thought back to this time last year when I was preparing to go to the very same trade show in SF. I remember going out there with the best intentions of getting my workouts in and finding time for myself. Well, once I was there, I ended up not working out once and not giving myself any time for me (which more often than not, is a workout). Fast forward to this year and I just feel so different than who I was last year. I feel strong and empowered (thank you STS) and happy and centered and ME. I was still me last year, obviously, but I feel like this past year I’ve made great strides towards accepting myself for who I am. Call me crazy, but I’m thinking the whole turning 30 thing had something to do with it, as well as going through my sister’s divorce with her this year, too. All told, a lot has changed and it’s been a wild ride.


Long story short, I am in a great mood and just had to jot down my thoughts on this whole strength/woman thing while it was fresh on my mind. :)


I’m off to enjoy the weekend with Scott before heading to SF on Monday, a little Kick practice this afternoon, but other than that, lots of “us” time is on the agenda. Cheers!



[Via http://eatdrinkbreathesweat.wordpress.com]


Share

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder